Friday, March 25, 2022

Chike (The Big Nothing Part 18)

I had the wind in my hair, the sun was on my back; going up and down a windy road home.

It was just before dawn, I could feel the sky gently turning colors, and people didn't blind me when they passed by anymore. 

The cool of the quickly fading night and the breeze of the ride was giving only a slight interval between the pain in my chest and the sweat of exertion; adding to the affect if that I get off this stupid bike, I'll flop over and croak.

My chest felt like it was going to explode. I had to breathe each time I pedaled the bike forward. I finally went down a hill and I could feel the rush of breeze go up my shirt and the cars rushing past me.

I almost put my arms in the air until the road turned very narrow; I was in between a large ditch full of shrubs and the busy road on my other side.

The pain in my chest made me inhale sharply and I got this huge whiff of complete cancer in my lungs. 

It nearly sent me flying off my bike. I wanted to puke but what worried me more was that I didn't know what I was smelling in the first place.

I quickly glanced down into the ditch to see that it was the rotten corpse of a deer.  It had been there so long that it was the size of a big balloon. 

I peddled, against my bodies sake, until I got home or at least until I could get off and spew.

My legs were so sore that they felt like I wasn't moving anything below my chest but I was obviously still moving because I was in the backyard; on the porch.

I opened my mouth and gasped for air for about ten minutes. This was it, I felt, and I wanted to at least try breathing correctly before I die.

Once I caught my breath, I walked inside, drank an entire glass of water like air and slept for most of that day.

I kept looking out at the windows and I would keep going back to sleep every time I saw that there was light peeking out of the cracks.

No comments:

Post a Comment